Saturday, October 04, 2008

News from the cloister



I haven't been writing much of late, in large part because we suffered extensive water damage to our church basement and cloister back on August 4, when the city's pumping stations gave out.  Over the past two weeks, we have begun the reconstruction, which has involved moving all of our business offices and classrooms.  It's been a huge effort.  I am very grateful to God, though, because this was all work that needed to be done, but without the insurance, we would not have been able to do this so soon.

I hope to send you more real blog material before too long.  For now, enjoy some pictures of the damage and clean-up!  

The first picture shows the demolition of a door and frame in the cloister.  If you peer through the door, you can see the bottom of the refrigerator that was responsible for this door mangling.  That is correct: the water picked up the frig and rammed it through the door!  The pciture to its right shows what is left of the kitchen in the church basement.

I'm having trouble formatting these pictures, so I will upload more with a new post some when I have the time...
Peace to you in Christ!




No comments:

Imprimatur

This blog is published with ecclesiastical approval.


If I, who seem to be your right hand and am called Presbyter and seem to
preach the Word of God, If I do something against the discipline of the Church
and the Rule of the Gospel so that I become a scandal to you, The Church, then
may the whole Church, in unanimous resolve, cut me, its right hand, off, and
throw me away.


Origen of Alexandria
Locations of visitors to this page