Monday, September 03, 2007

Pray for Peace

On this Labor Day, would you join me in setting aside a bit of time to implore God for peace? Behind the usual news of celebrity pregnancies and buffalo-wings eating contests, the rhetoric from Washington against Tehran is increasingly bellicose. The change in Congress from last fall's election seems strangely to have worsened the situation: can you name someone in Congress who has spoken thoughtfully about the two present American wars over the past six months (suggestions to bomb our allies doesn't count)? About terrorism? A war against Iran presents far graver long-term prospects than those in either Afghanistan or Iraq, which are carnage enough. Please pray for peace.

No comments:

Imprimatur

This blog is published with ecclesiastical approval.


If I, who seem to be your right hand and am called Presbyter and seem to
preach the Word of God, If I do something against the discipline of the Church
and the Rule of the Gospel so that I become a scandal to you, The Church, then
may the whole Church, in unanimous resolve, cut me, its right hand, off, and
throw me away.


Origen of Alexandria
Locations of visitors to this page