Monday, September 18, 2006

Blessings from Christ the King Priory

I am blogging from St. Benedict Center near Schuyler, Nebraska. Four of us are on our way to a six-day retreat at St. Walburga's Abbey in Virginia Dale, Colorado. We have known the monks from Schuyler for many years now, and it is good to be able to visit again, albeit briefly. Their brothers were among the first Benedictines to visit us in Chicago when we first entered the Confederation. Both communities have recent German origins, a fact that appeals to the Teuton in me.

I'm not sure I will be able (or should!) blog from St. Walburga's. I leave you with this brief thought, inspired by the cover of this week's Time magazine. The cover headline reads "The Gospel of Wealth." My thought: The Gospel of Wealth? As in "Woe to you rich?" or as in "It is easier for a camel to pass through the needle's eye?"

Please say a prayer for me. I promise to remember everyone who reads this blog in my prayers this week!
In Christ Jesus, whom I love and serve,
Prior Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christ the King priory is a beautiful place. I lived in Lincoln and Omaha for a while, and tried to get out that way for time to time. I hear they have really expanded the guest facilities.

And I love the chapel there, all that cedar...

Imprimatur

This blog is published with ecclesiastical approval.


If I, who seem to be your right hand and am called Presbyter and seem to
preach the Word of God, If I do something against the discipline of the Church
and the Rule of the Gospel so that I become a scandal to you, The Church, then
may the whole Church, in unanimous resolve, cut me, its right hand, off, and
throw me away.


Origen of Alexandria
Locations of visitors to this page