Friday, June 02, 2006

More on life in the city

"Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel."
--Isaiah 12: 6

It's really summer now: the windows are open, the ice cream trucks are driving around playing their treacly music, gangsta cars are cruising, construction is happening all around us. I was very aware of all the energy, the noise, the creative (and sometimes destructive) collisions of millions of people living cheek by jowl, during Holy Mass last night. It is poignant to think of God coming to dwell in the midst of the city, coming to share in all the pageantry and turmoil of the city.

I have many more thoughts on city life--we'll see how much I can get posted. God's blessings on all of you who visit this site!

No comments:

Imprimatur

This blog is published with ecclesiastical approval.


If I, who seem to be your right hand and am called Presbyter and seem to
preach the Word of God, If I do something against the discipline of the Church
and the Rule of the Gospel so that I become a scandal to you, The Church, then
may the whole Church, in unanimous resolve, cut me, its right hand, off, and
throw me away.


Origen of Alexandria
Locations of visitors to this page