Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spring is in the air

Yesterday, owing to a nice bit of Chicago warmth, I was able to get out the bicycle for the first time this year. It is my preferred method of getting fresh air and exercise, especially since a knee ailment put a stop to jogging. It is a more convenient way of getting around than car or CTA, which for me mainly means getting to the library or a nearby church for the sacrament of confession.

Traffic is more of a nightmare than ever in Bridgeport. We are experiencing the auspicious confluence of construction work on the Dan Ryan expressway and White Sox mania.

The good news, however, is that spring is arriving. Buds are appearing on trees and flowers are beginning to sprout. The ice cream truck has even been making rounds. In the monastery, preparations for Holy Week and Easter are going on. The schola practiced the responsories for the Easter Vigil this morning. What a beautiful time of year! God be praised.

No comments:

Imprimatur

This blog is published with ecclesiastical approval.


If I, who seem to be your right hand and am called Presbyter and seem to
preach the Word of God, If I do something against the discipline of the Church
and the Rule of the Gospel so that I become a scandal to you, The Church, then
may the whole Church, in unanimous resolve, cut me, its right hand, off, and
throw me away.


Origen of Alexandria
Locations of visitors to this page