Saturday, October 22, 2005

White Sox in the World Series

I returned from pilgrimage to the Oratory of St. Joseph and the basilica of St. Anne de Beaupre this past week. One night, I woke to the sound of fireworks and car horns at about 10:30 p.m. I knew immediately that the White Sox had won their league championship series and were going to the World Series. We don't follow baseball very closely in the monastery, but being within walking distance of Cellular Field means that we can tell how the Sox are doing by the friendliness of our neighbors. This has been a wonderful experience! South Siders can use the boost!

No comments:

Imprimatur

This blog is published with ecclesiastical approval.


If I, who seem to be your right hand and am called Presbyter and seem to
preach the Word of God, If I do something against the discipline of the Church
and the Rule of the Gospel so that I become a scandal to you, The Church, then
may the whole Church, in unanimous resolve, cut me, its right hand, off, and
throw me away.


Origen of Alexandria
Locations of visitors to this page