Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Feast Day Thoughts, Part II: The Tree of Life

Happy is the man who finds wisdom...
She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her.

Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline or be weary of his reproof, for the Lord reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights.

Happy is the man who finds wisdom.

[see Proverbs 3: 11-18 & I Corinthians 1: 22-24]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a monk wouldn't you be using your time of silence better than writing up your thoughts etc on this web !! They are not that good nor original nor inspiring..

Prior Peter, OSB said...

I'm sorry that you don't find my thoughts helpful. Thankfully, the Catholic Church provides many options for inspiration and you need not rely on me!

Obviously I use my time of silence for silence.

Peace to you in Christ,
Fr. Peter

Anonymous said...

Dear anonymous,

I praise God for giving you much intelligence. You clearly need only the best for devotion and discussion.

I am quite desparate on the other hand for any love of God from others for I am surrounded by people who do not talk about God.

I am grateful for Fr. Peter's efforts. Thankyou.

Anonymous said...

Deb,

I remember being in a similar situation. I eventually found myself amongst other believers "coincidentally" i.e. by God working anonymously.

Ask the Lord to lead you in this - He will!

Imprimatur

This blog is published with ecclesiastical approval.


If I, who seem to be your right hand and am called Presbyter and seem to
preach the Word of God, If I do something against the discipline of the Church
and the Rule of the Gospel so that I become a scandal to you, The Church, then
may the whole Church, in unanimous resolve, cut me, its right hand, off, and
throw me away.


Origen of Alexandria
Locations of visitors to this page