Tuesday, May 03, 2005

In the beginning

Peace to you in our Lord Jesus Christ!
"We who first hoped in Christ have been destined and appointed to live for the praise of his glory."--Ephesians 1:12
Our late Holy Father, John Paul II, following on the teaching of the Second Vatican Council, called for the use of the media for the spread of the gospel of Jesus Christ. While I am not one inclined by character to take a great interest in the Internet, I realize well the power of this tool. Following the suggestions of a number of friends of our monastery, I begin this log with a prayer that God will prosper it and use it to bring souls closer to Christ. "That in all things, God may be glorified!" (Rule of St. Benedict, 57:9, 1 Peter 4:11)

Please visit our full website at www.chicagomonk.org.

No comments:

Imprimatur

This blog is published with ecclesiastical approval.


If I, who seem to be your right hand and am called Presbyter and seem to
preach the Word of God, If I do something against the discipline of the Church
and the Rule of the Gospel so that I become a scandal to you, The Church, then
may the whole Church, in unanimous resolve, cut me, its right hand, off, and
throw me away.


Origen of Alexandria
Locations of visitors to this page